
原标题:公开课|一天一点,白话不难 Day 916 解说
赤色字体为需重读部分;下划线部分可参阅注释。
Day 916 Telecommuting has its benefits and its costs! (Part one)
Matthew: Life in a bigcity is really troublesome. There are lotsof people and heavy traffic. Every dayI spend more than two hoursgoing toand from work. It would be fineif onlyIcould justwork at home.
Whitney: I once worked at home, but later I gaveit upand returned to the office.
Matthew: Really? Were you freelancewhen you worked from home?
Whitney: No, you knowI'm an editor, right?
【参阅译文】
马修斯:日子在大城市可真费事哪。人多车也多。我每天上下班花在路上的时刻就要两个多小时。我要是能爽性在家里上班就好啦。
惠特尼:我从前在家作业过,可是后来我抛弃了,又回到了办公室。
马修斯:真的吗?你在家作业的时分是自在职业者吗?
惠特尼:不是,你知道我是一个修改,对吧?
【注释】
troublesomeadj. [ ˈtrʌbəlsəm] causing problems, in an annoying way 形成费事的,令人心烦的
a troublesomechild 一个惹费事的孩子
troublesomeitching 令人心烦的瘙痒
trafficn. [ ˈtræfɪk] [U] the vehicles moving along a road or street 交通,来往车辆
a traffic accident 交通事端
There's usually a lot of trafficat this time of day. 每天在最近一段时刻来往车辆都许多。
(Day 803)Trafficright now is terrible. 现在的交通很糟糕啊。
heavy traffic = a large amount of traffic 车流量大
We were stuck in heavy trafficfor more than an hour. 咱们在拥堵的车辆中堵了一个多小时。
知识点拓宽
'traffic .jamn. [C] a large number of vehicles close together and unable to move or moving very slowly 塞车,交通拥塞
I was stuck in a traffic jamfor an hour yesterday. 昨日我堵车堵了一个小时。
(Day 750) There was a traffic jamon the way, so... 路上塞车了,所以……
every day: each day 每天
They see each other every day. 他们每天互相都碰头。
(Day 820)Every day, it's the same old thing. 每一天总是无聊的事儿。
知识点拓宽
everydayadj. [ˈevrideɪ] [only before noun] ordinary, usual, or happening every day (只用在名词前)日常的
the problems of everyday life 日常日子的问题
Describe it in ordinary everyday language. 用一般的日常言语来描绘它。
workn. [ wɝːk] [U] a place where you do your job, which is not your home 作业地址,作业单位
I had an accident on the way to work. 上班路上我出了事端。
He left workat the usual time. 他在往常的时刻下班。
at work
Dad’s at work right now. 爸爸现在正在上班。
(Day 876)I’ve got to go to work, actually. 其实我得去上班。
if only: usedfor saying that you would like a situation to be different 要是……的话(就好了)
There's so much more I could do if onlyI had the time. 要是我有时刻的话,我就可以多做这么多的作业了。
If only they were here now, we would be able to celebrate their wedding anniversary. 他们现在要是在这就好了,咱们就可以庆祝他们的成婚周年纪念日了。
just adv. [ dʒʌst] used to emphasize what you are saying (用以加强口气)底子,便是,爽性,真实
It justisn't true. 这底子不是真的。
I justlove being in the mountains. 我便是喜爱在山里边。
Just give it to me straight. How badly hurt is he? 爽性实话实说吧,他的伤有多严峻?
His pronunciation is just terrible. 他的发音真实糟透了。
give sth⇔up: to stop doingsomething you do regularly 抛弃……,改掉……
She gave upher job and started writing poetry. 她辞去职务开端从事诗歌创作。
His wife finally persuaded him to give up smoking. 他的妻子总算压服他戒烟了。
知识点拓宽
give up: stop trying to do something 认输,抛弃
She doesn't give up easily. 她决不容易认输。
I give up-tell me the answer. 我抛弃了,把答案告诉我吧。
give up on sb/ sth: to stop hoping that someone or something will change or improve 对……不再抱期望,对……失望
His teachers seem to have given up on him. 他的教师们好像现已对他不报期望了。
At that point, I hadn't completely given up on the marriage. 在那一刻,我还没有完全对这段婚姻失望。
(Day 334)It also says that you will give uponsomething. 还说你会对某些作业不报期望。
freelance adj. & adv. [ ˈfriːlænts] working independently for different companies rather than being employed by one particular company 自在职业的,独立的
freelancejournalist/ writer/ photographeretc 自在新闻作业者、自在作家、自在摄影师
She works freelancefrom home. 她是自在职业者,在家作业。
(Day 607) I’m a freelancewriter. 我是个自在作家。
editorn. [ ˈedɪţɚ] [C] someone whose job is to be in charge of a newspaper or magazine 修改
the editor ofthe Los Angeles Times 《洛杉矶时报》的修改
(Day 798)I think you would make a really good website editortoo! 我也觉得你会成为一个特别棒的网站修改的!
本课程一切声响及文字版权归李延隆一切,仅供会员个人学习运用,未经许可制止转发、散播或用于商业用途。
微信大众号:李延隆教师(liyanlonglaoshi)
个人微信:liyanlong06
责任修改: